Frequently Asked Questions
- Where did you two knuckleheads come up with this idea? – Years ago we were on a whirlwind trip to Vegas that screeched to a halt with a 12+ hour delayed flight in the Chicago airport. Too broke to sit and drink $10 airport beers for that long, we started devising ways to salvage the vacation should we get stuck in the airport even longer. One of these ideas was to buy cheap motorcycles from craigslist and ride them to Vegas in time to fly home. We are sort of returning to that original stupid idea. (the vegas trip worked out just fine, and that is a whole story in its own right)
- Where are you going to sleep? – We wouldn’t want to insult the diversity and magnificence of this great country by spending our nights in redundant budget motels, so we’ve packed our tents and sleeping bags and plan to crash on the ground next to the bikes – and drop in on a few friends.
- What happens when it rains?
– I imagine we will get quite wet
- So you guys are, like, mechanics? – hahahaha, that’s a good one! Neither of us has much experience in that regard, and mechanical failure on 20+ year old bikes on a cross country trip is pretty much unavoidable. We’ll cross that bridge when we get there.
- This site is badass! Thanks for keeping us in the loop. What’s all that twitter and Flickr stuff at the bottom? – At the bottom of the screen are two twitter feeds: Kyle (shenksmare) and Adam (rumspringa2010). Check in on those for real-time updates. The Flickr feed will be photos from both of us, and has a really neat feature – maps! When you click on the photo stream and open the Flickr site, at the top right there is a map view option, which shows where all the photos are from. We might add some podcasts and POV video as well. Have fun!
Anything missing from this section? Let us know in the comments!